Get involved in your community!
Do you want to get involved in your community? We collect volunteer opportunities from non-profit agencies in Saskatoon, around the province, and beyond. Many of our calls for assistance also come from senior members of our society - having some extra help in the yard may be the extra help they need to stay independently living in their own homes. You really can make a big difference!
Volunteering with USask
Volunteering in Saskatchewan
Wanted! Volunteer with Horticulture back ground for Parkridge Center.
Volunteer must be available during day time hours and flexible for special occasions.
Volunteer must: be comfortable working with all types of abilities, dedicated, knowledgeable, assist with group programs, ideas for new and improved projects and assisting with care of various plants.
Days/Times: Tuesday AM Wednesday PM
Please contact: Volunteer Services, Parkridge Center, 110 Gropper Cres.,
(306)655-3865 or (306)230-8923
The SFBLC Garden Patch is looking for volunteers to assist us with the 2022 growing season. We are a 1.5 acre urban farm, located on the 900 block of 3rd Avenue North. All of the produce grown on site goes to the Saskatoon Food Bank to add fresh organic produce to the emergency food baskets we offer.
Volunteers are needed to assist with planting, weeding, harvesting and general site maintenance. Volunteers can either work closely with our team, or independently should they desire some gardening zen in the center of our busy city.
Volunteer opportunities are available Monday to Friday, with shifts available from 9-11:45 or 12:30-3:30.
Anyone interested can fill out an application at:
North Park Wilson School is a public elementary school (K-8) located in the North Park area of Saskatoon. A relatively large garden located in front of the school that has fallen into disrepair over the last few years. It contains several plants native to Saskatchewan, including large amounts of milkweed.
Many people have tried to take the lead on this garden over the last decade, but the task has proven overwhelming due to general lack of knowledge of which plants to keep as well as overall vision. We need someone who is willing to coordinate a plan for this garden and see it through with the help of the school and the community.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Work with the school to develop a plan for the school garden
- Identify plants of cultural or natural significance
- Educate volunteers on work to be performed on garden
- Oversee and coordinate volunteer efforts
- Completion of master gardener program
- Knowledge of plants native to Saskatchewan
- Awareness and knowledge of indigenous culture preferred
- Experience coordinating groups of volunteers of various ages and abilities
To apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume to Kristen Siba, Principal at NPW School at Siba, SibaK@spsd.sk.ca
We are looking for a master gardener to help our school with…
- Assisting with preparing our garden to be planted.
- Assisting with planting our raised garden beds with students during the school day during the third week of May.
- Sharing garden knowledge with students about various plants and how to plant seeds.
- Tending to the garden in June while school is still on, by weeding, and thinning, staking.
- Potentially tending to the garden once or twice a week for 3 hours during the summer months. This would involve watering, harvesting and giving produce to community members.
This position is flexible and might/could involve more than one person if more are interested.
Contact: Shelly Fedrau Community Coordinator at W.P. Bate Community School