Search our site
Find us on Facebook and Instagram
Our Gardening at USask Facebook and Instagram page post multiple times a week on topics that are important, right now, to your garden. If you are having an issue with an insect, disease, or plant odds are good other people are too. In addition to timely information, we also keep you up to date on new research, coming events, upcoming courses, and hort job opportunities. Check us out to see if we have something posted to help you or search our feed by clicking the magnifying glass.
Do you have a question? Ask Gardenline
Gardenline is a free help service offered by the Plant Sciences department at USask during the growing season.
Gardenline is now open for the season - click on the tabs for instructions on how to submit a question and we'll help!
Every question you send to Gardenline must include a significant amount of information.
How we use your information:
- Your personal information such as your name, contact information and location is never shared with anyone.
- Your location information is required because location matters when it comes to plant diagnosis, plant or insect identification, plant recommendations and many other aspects of gardening.
- We use aggregate information about location for program planning and funding purposes. This aggregate information is never linked to individuals.
You will not be able to submit photos when you submit your question.
Photos are extremely helpful. If we need photos, we will contact you by email with instructions about how to send them. Tips for submitting good photos:
- Use high resolution photos so that we can zoom in to see detail. (maximum size of 5MB each)
- Photos should be in focus.
- Send a maximum of 5 photos.
- For small subjects such as insects or native plants, it helps to include an object in the photo such as a ruler, coin or pen to give an indication of scale.
Gardenline is now open for the season. Please submit your questions using one of the forms below!