Hort Week: May 4 to 12, 2019
Connect with like-minded gardeners and pick up some new tips on how to keep your garden healthy and your yard beautiful. Hort Week offers the public engaging, accurate classes taught by enthusiastic garden professionals and they are suitable for new or experienced gardeners. Workshops may be taken for personal interest or for credit towards the Master Gardener Certificate Program.
It's our 30th Anniversary of the Master Gardener Program!
Come celebrate with us! We're offering more classes, more free events, and bringing back the plants sale to celebrate 30 years of Hort Week. Hort Week is May 4-12 this year with daily, evening and weekend workshops throughout. We've got more than fifty different events - from basic classes to specialty classes, maker workshops to classes for certification, with plenty of free tours and free classes in between.
A special thank you to the City of Saskatoon for joining us to provide some special classes to you, for free, this Hort Week.
New! Plant and Used Book sale
- Great prices on hard to find plants. Tired of us recommending great plants that you can’t find? We brought them to you! Supplies are limited.
- Used books for sale by donation. If you have gardening or nature books and magazines or games and puzzles you would like to donate to our sale please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to make drop off arrangements.
- The Plant and Used Book sale
runsevery day and evening during Hort Week at the Agriculture Building, with extended hours the first weekend of the sale. The sale will beginSaturday, May 4 at 8 am - 4 pm. On Sunday, the sale will run8 am - 4 pm.
- From Monday through the following Sunday (the 12th), the sale will run at each coffee break, at lunch, and from 6-7 pm every evening until supplies run out. Check at the Kiosk for room location. Signs will be posted.
- All proceeds from the sale will fund our free public outreach programs.
Hort Week Classes
Coming in from out of town to take classes? Stay on campus in res for an inexpensive and convenient option.
Never taken a class from us before and not sure what to expect? Expect to meet a lot of shamelessly enthusiastic gardeners and to learn lots about growing!
Where do you park? There is metered parking around the building, underground parking beneath it, and occassionally the staff and student lots are free to park in as well. For specific parking advice, check out the parking website.
Join our Facebook group